Medved Trader Forums

Some Daily Historical Charts will not Update

Xinfinitum

Hi,

I am running into the problem that some of my Daily Historical Charts will not update with each tick change of the price of the stock.

They seem to freeze and I have to manually backfill them to get the correct price. They then stop again requiring me to continue to manually

backfill them.

I checked my settings and they all seem to be checked to update them constantly. 

It had been working until recently. 

Some of the charts are updating but others are not.

Any suggestions what to look for or do?

Thanks,

Xinfinitum

• Like 1

Historical charts do not get any intraday updates themselves. They are passive. They will show updates that are coming in, but they don't request the updates. So you have to have the symbol getting quotes somewhere, be it portfolio or Intraday chart (if you have intraday charts set to use active quote subscription.

Hi Jerry,

I have my portfolios set up with the symbols listed and they are updating OK.

Any Intraday charts I use also update fine.

Under Charts/General  have the following checked:

Active Quote Subscription
Real-Time Updates for Historical Charts
Auto Backfill Intraday Charts
Auto Backfill Historical Charts

Some of the Daily Historical charts that are listed in my Portfolio are updating ok but others freeze up and will not update automatically.

They were working before but since doing an update a while back, which didn't seem to really update correctly, sort of got hung up in the middle, I have run into this problem.

At least as best as I can remember. I didn't associate the problem update with this issue until now.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks

I think I may have fixed the chart not updating problem.

First I deleted the symbol from the portfolio and deleted the chart, shut down and restarted. Added the symbol again and brought up the chart but all that did not help. The chart still remained locked up and would not update.

I started to look at the chart itself and went into the MAIN tab of the historical chart and clicked on the Eraser CLEAR symbol, this erased all data from the chart. I then clicked on Backfill and it filled it and the chart started to work and follow the symbol

in the portfolio. 

I tried another locked up chart like that and it started to function again.

So far so good.

Xin

that was going to be my next question - have you sent us the chart data, because just the settings did not recreate the issue. If you still have any symbols that are "locked up", don't clear them.  First export with the option to include QUOTE DATA (checkbox on the export screen).  then you can clear.   Then send me the file - it will be too big to email so if you can upload to google drive, dropbox or something like that, or you can upload to http://zippyshare.com/ (don't need to signup or anything) and send me the URL to it.