Medved Trader Forums

Stream Tick Quotes

DavidE

What does the "Stream Tick Quotes"  in the Configure Accounts panel do if selected and not do if de-selected?  I've found that if not selected then the Mutual Funds in my portfolio will update with the end of day NAV values but will not update if it is selected.  Otherwise I have not seen or noticed any impact on the various chart types or on other data.  Could not find an explanation of functionality in the help file.

Thank you.

Mutual funds will update either way if you have them in MT format, meaning with the _ prefix.

TDA datafeed by default does not return every tick. It is consolidated. You get about 4 updates per sec max. If the stock trades more often than that, a row in raw data may represent multiple actual trades. If you select to Stream TICK Quotes, MT does some magic to merge two datafeeds from MT together in order to get true tick quotes..  Sometimes TDA datafeed for tick quotes goes belly up, at which point you may notice that bid/ask are updating, but not last or volume.