Medved Trader Forums

Paintbar having issues printing on chart with specific symbols

Hi Jerry and Mike,

So, I am having an issue where the paintbar i use is kind of having some serious issues printing on only a very small fraction of stocks that I have. Normally, it looks like this:image.thumb.png.8fec3bab74e3c2897619dc3f593876ae.png

That is the image for a stock called "ROKU". It works very well for the majority of stocks on my watchlists, however, when I run this paintbar on the stock MTCH the result is this:

image.thumb.png.688a5c2045e0d1d6fa7954b7c2174fea.png\

Note that this screenshot occurs at the beginning of the data for "MTCH". These are the only markings that get printed on the chart - there is no later data for more recent candlesticks. 

On another note, if I clear the data for the historical chart, and choose a different source to backfill "MTCH" with, the end result of the paintbar changes dramatically. Here's an example using Webull as a backfill source instead for the same stock (MTCH):

image.thumb.png.72875f43f7addc31ff9e204f27e4aa5d.png

Another thing I notice as im pasting these chart in, is that the final result of the paintbar (Orange P --> Green Circle) seems to be consistent no matter which source I use to backfill. So probably something wrong with the paintbar itself. I'll look into that I guess.

That's really weird. All I did was comment out the Piercing function (Orange P) and then saved the paintbar and it was fixed. But, I then proceeded to uncomment the piercing function and... it still worked.

I suspect this error has something to do with the weird candlestick data at the beginning of the historical data. Once I cleared the data, and changed the backfill source, and then saved the program over again the error disappeared. I didn't change anything with the code. So at least I know now.