Medved Trader Forums

Shares outstanding and market cap columns empty after latest update

ex_hacker202

Installed the latest update two days ago and I cannot find any data source that will fill the shrs out column, therefore the market cap column is also empty (see screencap). I've tried backfilling from Fido, TDA, Smartsource (don't know where it gets data from), and Yahoo - but I now get an error trying to backfill using Yahoo, got some weird message that MT could not pull data from Yahoo the first time I tried it - subsequent attempts to use Yahoo don't bring up that error msg, but it's not backfilling those two columns. I REALLY depend on the shrs out column so when a secondary offering comes out I can quickly calculate the % dilution the offering will cause. What happened to that data, and if I can revert to the previous version of MT will it restore the data in those columns? Not that I actually know how to roll back and MT update.....

no shrs out or market cap after MT update.jpg

Figured it out - I forgot this method to fill in shrs out and MC - you don't try to backfill using Yahoo as data source, in a portfolio window go to "Main", change "Source" to Yahoo, which will fill in those columns for everything but ETFs - I then chose Fido as source and it filled in the ETF data. If you don't have a Fido account you can't do this, of course.