Medved Trader Forums

algorithmic trading

jmp470

Greetings, 

I usually use ninja trader 8 for active trading, but with the transition to Schwab NT has not updated their API data.  Is it possible to use custom code to trade in medved trader?  If so, is their a tutorial to see where to go.  I just downloaded the software to see what's available.

Thank you.

Jerry, Thank you.  Working through it now.   I had NT down, now I need to figure out Medved trader 🙂

Hopefully, I can figure out what I need here.  

1. Custom indicator 

2. Auto trading based on signals from said indicator.

we don't have custom indicators per se, though you can implement pretty complex line drawing indicators and other formulas in our scanning code.  We DO have a way to then send signals from that code to our API either explicitly or as alerts, so if you are connected via API, you could implement much of the work in MT and then just use the API connection to read the signals and send the trades (with appropriate risk management of course)

On 7/31/2024 at 10:29 PM, Jerry Medved said:

we don't have custom indicators per se, though you can implement pretty complex line drawing indicators and other formulas in our scanning code.  We DO have a way to then send signals from that code to our API either explicitly or as alerts, so if you are connected via API, you could implement much of the work in MT and then just use the API connection to read the signals and send the trades (with appropriate risk management of course)

Looking through the API data, what information is stored on your server, versus going through Schwab?  Aka, how secure is your backend?  I take it the data streams from Schwab to your server, you conduct the analytics based on my algo, and then the orders go back to your server then to Schwab?  aka, if I have proprietary algos, are they open to you?

Or are you similar to NT, where they really are just the front end, all coding, etc sits on my machine and orders go direct from my machine (NT user interface to Schwab?)

Again, thank you for your rapid responses...    

Our servers are not involved. MT software is running on your computer and it is the API server as well, so all communication is between it and Schwab or whatever broker/datafeed you select and does not go through our servers.

Locally, your settings are stored encrypted and passwords are further encrypted.