Medved Trader Forums

BUY/SELL Dropdown not working correctly

Hello,

I have two questions regarding the MedvedTrader platform that have piqued my interest.

First, I'd like to say that it's a great platform so far. You've done an excellent job! However, I’ve noticed some strange behavior when using the trade ticket dropdown menu for buy/sell orders. About 90% of the time, it sends a BUY order regardless of what I’ve selected. Whether I choose BUY or SELL, the system sends a BUY order in most cases.

image.png.ff2593e351a1b6da74c373065d972cc3.png

For example, I’ve attached a picture above where it sent a BUY order for 100 shares of LASE at $8.84. I’m using Interactive Brokers (IB) as my broker. Could this be due to incorrect settings on my end? When I am using separate buttons for BUY and SELL it is working perfectly fine.

Secondly, I’d like to ask why the button I created in the hotkeys isn’t appearing in the Trade Ticket window, even though I’ve selected Trade Ticket in the hotkey settings.

image.png.900bd8fa1d301a7025f6d573b5da298d.png

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Doomain

if you select SELL on the trade ticket and hit SEND, it will send a send.  If you are using HOTKEYS which have the action explicitly defined and set to send, not just drop onto the trade ticket, then that by definition overrides whatever is on the trade ticket (or whatever window you are sending things through)

As for the button not showing up, check the "Saved Order" checkbox just below the name of the hotkey on the Hotkey Editor.

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the information! I appreciate the clarification regarding how HOTKEYS override the trade ticket. Is there a way to disable that behavior, so HOTKEYS do not automatically override what's on the trade ticket? I am indeed using hotkeys, but if it's not possible to disable this behavior, I’m fine with using separate buttons for BUY and SELL.

Also, thanks for the tip on the "Saved Order" checkbox! The order is now visible on the trade ticket.

Best regards,

Doomain.

7 hours ago, Doomain said:

Is there a way to disable that behavior, so HOTKEYS do not automatically override what's on the trade ticket?

right now, no. but may add "CurrentAction" variable, in which case would be able to just select whatever is already there.

Thanks Jerry, I have another question. Can the white lines (which I drew) be rounded to show only two decimal places? Also, can the VWAP indicator (the orange one in the picture below) be rounded to two decimal places? I've already figured out how to round the LAST value (in pink), but I'm having trouble with the other two. Thanks.
image.png.4957849001cd11c53ac5d5dd315de08d.png

On 10/9/2024 at 1:09 AM, Doomain said:

Is there a way to disable that behavior, so HOTKEYS do not automatically override what's on the trade ticket?

I stand corrected. Actually there is a way now. you can put this in the Action:
OrderIsBuy ? 'Buy' : 'Sell'

in future, will have "CurrentAction"

Edit by Mike: there is a problem with OrderIsBuy right now as well. will be fixing this.