Medved Trader Forums

Spread Column for Positions

timtrader

Question

Would it be reasonable to request that the "Spread" column be made available on the Positions tab of the Account View window?  The reason I'm asking for this is because I often exit a position by selecting the row with the position and do CTRL-T to open a Trade Ticket window.  When I do this AND set the trade as a Limit order, I'm seeing increasing cases where the trade is rejected because the Stock is one of those in that Tick Size pilot program that only trades in 5-cent increments.  If I see that the spread is 5-cents, I'll know to glance at the Level II, see every level in 5-cent increments and know its one of these stocks.

I do have the spread column on my portfolios, but that's just not where I"m looking when I want to quickly set a Limit order for a position I'm holding.

This would be helpful unless you can think of a better solution.

Thanks,
Tim

5 answers to this question

OK thanks for looking into this.  The spread showing 5-cents and a quick glance at the Level II window showing everything in 5-cent increments is working fine for me.  Perhaps IQFeed will add the Tick increment in the future, but they may not bother until the rule is finalized in October 2018.  I wouldn't bother with an edited list....since they update it daily it would constantly be getting out of date.

Thanks Much!
Tim