Medved Trader Forums

Daily Charts

wyldegoos

Jerry,

Am I simply overlooking something or is MT set up at the present time only for daytraders? I looked around and did not find a way to bring up daily charts and weekly charts. I focus primarily on swing trading and short term position trading and like to look at daily charts with six months to two years of data and weekly charts for comparison. QT was the best program out there, in my estimation, for scrolling through the daily charts of the stocks in my watchlists. When I  do  day trade, I use daily charts in the evening to look for stocks I think are likely to move the next day. 

Also, in QT when I scrolled through a watchlist the chart window automatically changed to the highlighted stock in the watchlist. Is there a way to do this in MT?

Wyldegoos

Jerry,

As I was working on my gold stocks watchlist, using data from TDA, I noticed that of the first thirty-some stocks I added, I had six with bad charts. Five were pink sheets and one was AMEX. When I went to the TDA website they had good charts there. I assume this is most likely a matter of corrupted data received from TDA. If it is, perhaps I will have to get a hold of my favorite low-priced aftermarket data provider and see if they are willing to work with MT. 

Wyldegoos

Jerry,

Would it be possible to add eoddata (see eoddata.com) as a data supplier? They offer very reasonable rates for eod data ($19.95 for US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and Hong Kong). They offer free eod data for the American exchanges (including the OTC) if you are willing to wait until 9:00 p.m. to download. They claim their data is cleaned. 

Wyldegoos