Medved Trader Forums

Indices and stocks both in portfolio

zenlando

I don't know if these are bugs or just settings issues.

I just noticed that if I have a few indices as well as stocks shown in a single portfolio list none of them will stream realtime updates automatically. I have to click on an individual symbol to get it to update. I tried adding the subtotal spacer between the two and it behaves the same. But if I create a separate portfolio for indices and another separate portfolio for stocks everything seems to update in realtime fine. And the stocks shown in a watchlist also work fine.

Also, as a possible related question, I'm noticing that when I first click on a symbol in either a portfolio or watchlist after opening the app, it usually takes a few seconds to backfill the intraday for a five minute chart. QT is almost simultaneous. And after adding a new symbol the "Chart" column typically won't update the little chart until I click on a symbol for the first time.

Build 2221, and I'm using TDA.

Portfolio updates - are the quotes started in the portfolio on top left? (on the ribbon)?

Backfill - right now there is still a bunch of debug code - validation, etc, in the backfill handling that we needed to track down a few issues. Once we are confident that those issues have been resolved, we will remove that code ant it should speed things up.

as for the inline chart, I will need to check on that.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, yes it was operator error :-). I didn't even notice that quotes were stopped on that portfolio in question.

And good to know on the backfill. No real hurry there since I'm just slowly setting up the platform and playing around in MT, as I won't be migrating from QT until at least the trading and alerts modules are up and running.