Medved Trader Forums

Crosshair

tr222

Jerry,

With the Trace, is there a way to stop the charts of less 'chart periods' from scrolling as one moves the cursor on the chart with a longer chart period like it was in QT?

E.g. say you move the cursor on a chart that is 10hrs long from the 10th hr to the 8th hr, a linked chart that is 1hr long will scroll backwards, from say 9am to 7am, and stay there unless you move the cursor back to the 10th hr on the longer chart. This gets inconveniencing when one has more than a couple charts that are linked.

If there isn't a way to do this now, maybe you can make "CTRL+SHIFT" (or some other combination) be the unscrolling option? Thanks.

Yes, that's what I mean - don't want the shorter-period cross-hair linked charts to scroll. That is, the cross hairs on all the cross-hair linked charts can move, but the charts themselves should not scroll because you are moving the cursor around.

Put up 2 charts that are cross-hair linked with one of the charts, chart A, having a period (not chart frequency) of 10hrs and chart B having period of 1hr, you'll see chart B scroll as you move the cursor on chart A from right to left.

Note: If both charts have the same period you won't notice the scrolling.

This is good - now charts with shorter periods do not scroll when I perform the trace on longer charts that are hair-pin linked to the shorter charts by default. Thanks a lot. 

Quick question: how does one access the auto scroll option? When I click the drop-down arrow on the OHLCV I don't see an option for auto scrolling.