Medved Trader Forums

A few questions

jbclem

1.  what is meant by "auto minimize" on the dashboard page.  Clicking on it doesn't seem to do anything, and the question mark next to it doesn't lead to an explanation.  I'm hoping it's a way to make the dashboard disappear without any further clicks...but so far it hasn't done that.  The dashboard has a bad tendency to pop up(and get in the way) even when I click on a separate portfolio tab.

2.  on my charts with a volume bar subchart, the tallest volume bar takes up about 2/3rds of the screen/subchart space, leaving a lot of wasted space above it and therefore compressing the volume bars more than necessary.  Is there a way to get the volume bars to use a larger amount (ie: 90%) of the vertical space.  If there isn't, could you add this to a wish list of improvements?

• Like 1

1) Auto Minimize - if pressed (thus selected), then any actions on the dashboard that bring up portfolios, etc, will minimize the dashboard after the action. I do need to do that for trading stuff though - didn't hook that up yet. 

2) you can drag the separator between indicators to adjust the height of the indicator sections.

Auto Minimize...I  discovered that I have to hold the button down for a short while for it to take.  But even then, it works when I access All News and Symbol News, but not with anything else.

Volume subchart...I was referring to the empty space inside the indicator section.  The volume bars are not using all the available vertical space, only 2/3rd of it in my case.  So the tallest volume bar, which should extend almost to the upper top edge of the indicator window, is only going 2/3rds of the way up, leaving a lot of empty unused space above it.  This has the effect of visually compressing the rest of the volume bars especially when there is one spiky bar, and when the volume bars are compressed(vertically) it's harder to spot volume trends.

On a different note, I need to send you a screen shot of a different problem with volume bars that occurred to day.  How do I do that?

auto minimize should work for opening portfolios. I also made it work for all trading windows (that will be in next update).

volume - really need to see what you are talking about. Send screenshot... and on that note - just email it to support.  You can put focus on the window by clicking on it and then hit ALT+PrintScreen to copy. Then paste it into the email or into Paint app and save and attach to an email