Medved Trader Forums

Symbols (CORN e.g) not getting data from IB feed

geosing

I am using TWS Build 949 3a. TWS shows data for symbols CORN, WEAT, SOYB and I am able to chart it in TWS. MT cannot backfill or get any data for these symbols. Mouse-over the symbol name shows the correct description in the portfolio panel, so I am guessing there is no symbology issue with IB API. Odd that these three symbols are from the same ETF family (Teucrium). Any suggestions?

sigh. this is another situation where the symbol CORN with SMART exchange specification is "Ambiguous" for IB.  I fixed it just now. Select HELP / Check Updates and let it update all files, then restart MT (Even if nothing was updated)

Thanks for looking into this so fast.

So they want something like CORN-SMART-STK or what? What is the unambiguous form of the symbol? Anyhow, I applied the update, after which MT says: Unable to start Streamer IB. I have emailed the complete error message to support. Also when updating, I could not see an option to update all files. The Updates were only for IB and TDAmeritrade.

Geo