Medved Trader Forums

High and Low columns

Bonkers

G'day Jerry,

I have noticed that the high and low columns do not carry their totals over from session to session.

If I close a session these totals are xxx and yyy but on reopening MT they change.

Should they not display the actual high and low for the day so far?

Other columns may be behaving this way also. I have not checked.

Regards.

In general, MT just shows whatever high/low is returned by the datafeed. It does not track the high/low for the day for the symbols itself. What datafeed are you using?  What time (and time zone) does this happen?

Hi Jerry,

I'm not speaking of an individual symbols high and low, rather the high and low total values of all symbols, the total and subtotal rows. I'm fairly sure QT adjusted these as they changes during the day so that the true low and high (subtotal and total) did not vary with each restart. I may be wrong.

I'm using CommSec  and the subtotal and total lines constantly change but once the high or low has been reached should it then not change? My time zone is UTC+10:00.

Sorry if I'm being thick.

Regards.

The high/low should only change when the portfolio LAST passes the values and should reset at the timeframe rollover

the way it is setup:

1) Each portfolio window has a "Timeframe" associated with it. Default is the default timeframe for whatever datafeed you are using. But you can change it by clicking on the countdown clock on the bottom right of the portfolio window (where it says "Market Closes in..." or "Market Opens in...".  and selecting a different timeframe.  

2) Totals look at the Portfolio timeframe rollover time.  Usually it is Midnight.  If the previous update is before the rollover and the new update is after, it resets the high/low

I checked and that code and it seems to be working fine.  What datafeed are you using?

What is the timeframe selected for the portfolio?

Does just closing / re-opening the portfolio cause high/low values to reset? or restart of MT?

Does just closing / re-opening the portfolio cause high/low values to reset? or restart of MT?

Both. Have just both closed and reopened the portfolio and closed and restarted MT and in both instances the low subtotal was reset to a higher dollar value.

I am using CommSec with the Australian equities timeframe as the default. Bottom right of the portfolio windows also shows Australian Equities with a green tick.

Regards.

if you open the chart for the total row, the data on there doesn't get reset, right?  What if you add the HIGH/LOW lines (horizontal lines pegged to high/low). Do they show in correct locations? 

I tried inere with Yahoo configured to get ASX data and timeframe and didn't see any issue. Could you send me your settings?

go to FILE / Export Settings. 

Leave the checkboxes already checked, and also check LOG FILE.

Export, then email me the exported file please.

if you open the chart for the total row, the data on there doesn't get reset, right?

They do reset do different dollar amounts.

What if you add the HIGH/LOW lines (horizontal lines pegged to high/low). Do they show in correct locations? 

Not sure what you mean.

I tried inere with Yahoo configured to get ASX data and timeframe and didn't see any issue. Could you send me your settings?

go to FILE / Export Settings. 

Leave the checkboxes already checked, and also check LOG FILE.

Export, then email me the exported file please.

Done.