Medved Trader Forums

OCO orders, Windows on top

disciple33

I have a couple of questions. Can I set up OCO orders using MT? I'm with Interactive Brokers and they allow OCO's, but the interface isn't very user friendly. Ideally, I would like to automatically populate a stop order or two, a target order order or two, then a trailing stop once price went my way by a specified amount. Once an order executes, I would like to see remaining orders reduce their size accordingly (for example, if a target order executed for half the position, existing stop or trailing orders would reduce in size to half the position as well).

My other question is about windows. I see that watchlist, portfolio and help windows have no priority and oftentimes get hidden behind chart windows. Can I change this so that the above windows will be on top if I click on them, or go behind if I click on another window that is behind it?

Thanks.

OCO - we plan to implement this, but has not yet been done. 

Portfolio window priority - we intentionally set it by default so child windows (Charts, Level II, Raw Data) are on top of portfolio windows. The default also does not show separate icons on task bar for the child windows. That is related. If the charts were not on top, they could get hidden behind the portfolios without an easy way to find them. 

Yes, you can change the setting for both the On top and the icons on task bar.  Go to SETTINGS / APPLICATION / GENERAL.  On there, there are boxes for

• Child Windows on Top
  • Separate Task Bar Icon for Child Windows
  • Separate Task Bar Icon for Portfolio