Medved Trader Forums

Latest Update broke MT, corrupted data?

TMAlley

After applying the last update, MT came up briefly and gave me an error message about my data source Yahoo.  It had a long error message with information to report back to you.  I didn't really know how to capture it so I decided I would just exit and start MT again.  Bad mistake.  Now MT wouldn't start at all after repeated tries.  I finally found a leftover MT process and ended the task.  Now I can restart MT an duplicate the error.  I saved the error in a snip (.PNG) (is there a better way?) but can't find a way to attach it. The insert other media .. existing attachment ...is not available for my account?  I can't type the complete message but the error header is:

Unable to start streamer Yahoo (4) Req: MTSettings.ProcessNewsSources,Error: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable

AppVer: 1.0.9766.438

The Dashboard loads but does not show my existing portfolios anymore (shows 0 when I have 2).

I was thinking of reloading MT but didn't know if there was a way to save my existing portfolio data file and reload/import it like the old QuoteTracker???  I just saw the import/export functions but don't know if my backup is now corrupted or if there are multiple backups.  For now I'll wait till I hear more.  

1) you don't need to uninstall anything.  and your settings should be  backed up by MT.  Go to My Documents / Medved Trader / Backup folder and make a copy of the most recent file there PRIOR TO the update. (or just copy all of them) just in case.

2) I need to get the log file to see what the problem is. Please do the following: 

go to FILE / Export Settings. 
Le
ave the checkboxes already checked, and also check LOG FILE.
Export, then email me the exported file please.

And, what security software are you using?