Medved Trader Forums

RBC not working

makito

Hi, I also use the RBC feed, and downloaded the beta. This worked OK until about 1:30 today, and now I am getting a login problem. I have rebooted several times

Error message says:

Unable to start RBC. (3) Req: BaseQuoteGridUC.StreamerID, Error: Error for compiling script for streamer RBC

I need to get the log file to see how you got the wrong update for the RBC file. Please do the following: 

go to FILE / Export/Backup menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)
Select “To share with others” export file protection option on top right
Leave the checkboxes already checked, and also check LOG FILE.
Export, then email me the exported file please. to support@medvedtrader.com

I am fixing stuff meanwhile

it seems that you upgraded to 1.1.1100.2133 version, but then around 12:33 PM today (Eastern time) you ran the old version again.  Then a few minutes later, the new version.  When you ran the old version, MT updated the the old version of the RBC file and that is where the problem came in.  Did you manually make some changes?

Check for updates just says "you have the latest version"

If I have the wrong update, this could be because at the time, I was using the Beta , but did not have "Show Beta Versions..." checked in Settings. Maybe I downloaded Production updates onto the Beta

Incidentally, MT started going haywire just before this problem occured, which is why I rebooted, and then lost my good connection

I missed your earlier message, I believe that I booted the old version when the connection failed, to see if it was possibly working there, but I did not make any manual changes.

Should I just blow away the Beta files and reinstall?