Medved Trader Forums

Help getting started with Paintbar basics

Tina

I'm a long time QT user, migrating to MVed Trader but am hitting some silly roadblocks.  In particular, getting to know the new paintbar system.  Questions:

-The help file says paintbars can be imported or exported.   Where are the import/export buttons?

-If I create a simple paintbar and save, why doesn't it appear on the list of available indicators when I RMB on a chart and select Add/Edit indicatiors?

-Basically, I want to add this simple paintbar code from QT:

If MACD(6,15,4).Main >= MACD(6,15,4).Signal AND MACD(6,15,4).Main[1] <= MACD(6,15,4).Signal[1] AND Bar Close > Parabolic SAR AND (Bar Close[1] < Parabolic SAR[1] or Bar Close[2] < Parabolic SAR[2]) AND Bar Close > Bar Open AND Bar Close > Parabolic SAR(0.042,0.2) AND Bar Close[1] < Parabolic SAR(0.042,0.2)[1] AND (EMA(4.5) >= EMA(4.5)[1]) set color to Lime

How, where, who can this be done in MedVed Trader?  I'm not a programmer and even this is pushing my limits, but at least in QT I could figure it out.  I don't see where I could enter this code, and when I switch to advance mode that looks foreign to me.  I so want to start using this new, exciting platform.  Anyone's help would be appreciated.  Thx. 

The reason you can't figure it out is because the paintbars have not been released yet. The Pb management button on the dashboard got in there by accident. It is gone in the beta release, unless explicitly enabled for the specific account

If you want to help test it, email us at support@medvedtrader.com 

The syntax is different than QT. Our new Paintbars use C# syntax. Though the rules you indicated don't even need to get to that. Will be able to do that with just the  "Simple" mode

Wow, an answer within a few hours.  That is why this platform has such a loyal following.  Thank you Jerry.    

Well, if that code can be entered in simple mode, then you have earned yourself a lifelong customer.  Very excited for future developments.  

Keep up the great work.