Medved Trader Forums

Auto transfer QT formats and files to Medved Trader

riclru

We don't currently have an index panel (will be adding that soon). However, do have something similar to the QT Index panel for the time being.  You can do a portfolio with TILE view. Refer to:
http://forums.medvedtrader.com/topic/1133-just-released-new-tile-views/#comment-6304

And

http://forums.medvedtrader.com/topic/1466-index-panel/?do=findComment&comment=7918

The symbols you can enter into that Index Portfolio are:
$DJI for DJ 30 Industrials
$SPX.X for S&P 500 Index
$COMPX for NASDAQ Composite
$VIX.X for CBOE Volatility Index
$DJT for DJ 20 Transportation
$DJU for DJ 15 Utilities
$TNX.X for 10-YR Note
$TYX.X for 30-YR Bond
$FVX.X for 5-YR Note
$IRX.X for 13-Week Bill

• Like 1

On 8/11/2016 at 1:20 PM, riclru said:

Thanks, Jerry.  It worked; even the formats transferred!  Now all I have to do is figure out how to load the indicies back on top.

How did you import from QT to MT ?

I have my zip Backup file from QT. Thanks.

MT cannot read the QT backup files. 

When you install MT, it should detect if you have QT installed and if it does, it will prompt you to import.  If you already have MT installed and didn’t get prompted, you can do so manually, assuming you have QT installed on the same computer 

Select FILE / IMPORT in MT (on portfolio or Dashboard screen).
Set the file type to be “old QT Portfolio Files” on bottom right
and then select the PORT.XML located in the QT folder. (It might show up as just “PORT”)

If you only have the backup files, then extract the PORT.XML file from there to somewhere on your hard drive first, then import that using the above instructions

On 8/11/2016 at 1:20 PM, riclru said:

Thanks, Jerry.  It worked; even the formats transferred!  Now all I have to do is figure out how to load the indicies back on top.

How did you import from QT to MT ?

I have my

52 minutes ago, Jerry Medved said:

MT cannot read the QT backup files. 

When you install MT, it should detect if you have QT installed and if it does, it will prompt you to import.  If you already have MT installed and didn’t get prompted, you can do so manually, assuming you have QT installed on the same computer 

Select FILE / IMPORT in MT (on portfolio or Dashboard screen).
Set the file type to be “old QT Portfolio Files” on bottom right
and then select the PORT.XML located in the QT folder. (It might show up as just “PORT”)

If you only have the backup files, then extract the PORT.XML file from there to somewhere on your hard drive first, then import that using the above instructions

zip Backup file from QT. Thanks.

We cannot import the charts and the lines?

thank you