Medved Trader Forums

TD AmeriTrade API

erez dan

Hello Jerry,

We talked two years ago about sessions with TD AmeriTrade and you helped me that time

i wonder if you can help with some question i have,

I would like to integrate TD AmeriTrade API in my algo application,

I managed to start working with tdaastx.dll wrapper for the TD, but it seems like not very stable solution for trade with TD API,

I managed to connect to the TDAmeritrade.client.dll but i can only make a connection and register to symbol, i need to whole trading process

maybe you can help me with the right information, dll, sdk something good and works good to strat with, i have lots of experience with TWS which works fantastic (hop TD API can do the same)

i develop on .NET c#

Many thanks in advance, Erez

the TDAASTX.DLL is ancient, 32 bit and has not been touched in a long time.  We connect direct to the servers, basically what that DLL does.  I really don't remember what was in there or how to use it.   I would recommend connecting directly as well. Or if you can wait, wait for our API, which will be basically one API that you can use to connect to whatever sources MT supports. 

TWS API is a monster. That thing is Patches on top of patches. Its good for very specific programming (like yours) but nightmare to deal with for us, where we have to support all of their different security types, features. Symbols. 

are you connect directly, using TD AmeriTrade.dll or some kind of connectivity using FIX?

Please tell me more about your dll, whats is include, time, price..   

about TD Ameritrade.dll is the dll support the actually trade methods? or it is for date only, or maybe i tried to work with a none API account?