Medved Trader Forums

No data displayed for column "Mkt Cap" (Market Capitalization), and column "Prev Vol" (Previous Day Volume).

selsyn

I cannot get any data displayed for column "Mkt Cap" (Market Capitalization), and column "Prev Vol" (Previous Day Volume) in Medved Trader. I tried both TDAmeritrade and Tradeking data sources, as backfilling.

However, those 2 columns work perfectly in QuoteTracker. Do they work in Medved Trader ? If not, please fix it ASAP.

Edited by selsyn

not all sources return data for all fields.  TD Ameritrade does not return for those.   As for TradeKing, the regular TK datafed does (both fields).  The MB Trading one does not, and that is the one you are using.  In general I like the MB one better but there are some fields that are not returned by it. I did send out an inquiry to see if maybe we can get that.

Also, I just emailed you about your account...

Yes, though there is a workaround for Vol %.  That column needs AVG VOL, which is not returned by many datafeeds.  However, if you open a historical chart, which triggers Hist Backfill, MT computes the AVG VOL.  If you need it for the whole portfolio, you can just hit the HIST BACKFILL button on the portfolio window once a week or so.