Medved Trader Forums

How to "clean up" a chart?

JayR

I have a daily chart set up with the 10day sma, 20 day and 50 day. That is all I want. How do I get rid of the grid lines and symbol name in the chart body? Also, is there a way to scroll through each chart in a portfolio while in charting mode (like a next or previous arrow)? And when I minimize a chart window, I don't see where to retrieve it. Must be a button I'm missing because when I click on the symbol in the portfolio nothing happens   ...... like it's saying "it's already open dummy".

Gridlines and watermark are global settings.  Go to SETTINGS / CHARTS / DISPLAY.  At the top you can uncheck the option to show watermark and grid lines. 

only way to change the symbol of a chart from within the chart is to just type the new symbol on it. What you may be looking for is Symbol Linking

Click on the colored pin on the portfolio to specify the Symbol Link color
Click on the colored pin on the chart to specify the SAME Symbol Link color

now when you click on the symbol in the portfolio, the chart changes. Or you can use the up/down arrows on the keyboard to move the selected symbol on the portfolio.

When you minimize the chart assuming you don't have it set to show on the taskbar, it may get hidden (depends on the Windows version).  However, double click on the same symbol in the portfolio should bring it up and MT does do a quick blinking thingie over the window .  You can see that locator thingie by just double clicking on the same symbol a few times and watching the corresponding chart.