Medved Trader Forums

Indicator Dynamic Scale

QT_Fan

Question

Hi

MT getting better every day.

Feature Request - would it be possible with indicators to select them to plot on a dynamic scale.  (If its not already possible and I'm just missing it)  On some indicators they can plot very flat and its hard to read values as the tags overlap all the time as they hug the centre line,  I'll send you an example.

7 answers to this question

Hi Jerry

As ever you are right, having checked though its the RSI signal line that is starting its plot at 100 on the left hand side of my charts.  This is holding the scale to 100 over the entire length of the chart. 

How would I fix that, I mainly use the RSI and even when I zoom the chart the scale stays absolute, is this a bug ?

I'll send you an image

Hi Jerry

It stays locked to the 100 scale, I have a few charts like this and it does this on all of them.  If I zoom in and the indicator is plotting between say 45 and 55 I still get the 100 scale, its holding onto the highest plot on the whole data series.

Using RSI without the signal  (setting it to 1) allows the plot to lift a little, but then its still holding onto the highest plot in the data series, say 80 or something.  

Could I have something set that's causing this

OK

Then I'll go back to the original feature request, would it be possible to have a selectable dynamic plot display for the RSI, (The scale is obviously fixed between 0-100) but when zoomed it would dynamically scale to what's on the visible range of data, this would remove the flat line effect and make the tags much easier to see.  

We really don't want to add more settings when they are not needed. This is one such case. RSI is an Oscillator -  Oscillators typically transform price information to a stationary scale with fixed limits (e.g. 0 to 100 on RSI) and therefore make it easier for traders to identify common situations in the market and make trading decisions. For RSI what is important is where between 0 and 100 it is, not where it is within the min/max visible range.

You can move the trace cursor over the RSI to see the actual values - thus distinguishing the line vs signal