Medved Trader Forums

AMTD feed slow at market open

tedd

I am not sure this has been covered before or anyone else experienced this also.

AMTD real-time data does not come through at the market open at 9:30AM ET,  pretty much all stocks time-stamp stuck at 9:30 for like 4-5 mins, and then at about 9:35, you can see all the data begin to pour in. After that all data are updated normally. Pre-open data seems getting fed through ok too. Seems there is a delay of data from AMTD at the 9:30 open. I have noticed this delay before but the delay is getting longer now. Stop/Start feed during this 4-5mins does not help either.

Is that AMTD problem? anything can be done there. 

Thanks

Yes I do have lots of symbols and lots of trendline alerts too. Is that the price I have to pay?  So MT is doing something at market open I guess. Other than closing down some portfolio windows, what else can I do to speed it up at the opening?

it should not have to be the price, but right now it is - MT has to recalculate the alerts if the charts are set to show ext hours only during the extended hours, since once the market opens it in effect can change the slope of the lines. I need to rework the way the alerts are updated to be more asynchronous, which will fix this issue. Will do.