Medved Trader Forums

Data feeds List?

greggf

Ameritrade - i've done that (no funds) for a long time but they are bound to close me for no activity or funds  sometime soon :)

It's been a couple years!  I hope your correct and I can continue to use it. QT doesn't work with it for me, think you've addressed that here somewhere. API changes?

Fidelity - yes their streaming is nice but the software is ....I'll be nice ... less then optimum. 

Sort of a follow-on question, is there or will there be functionality to trade across two different firms?  For example, login to TD Ameritrade, use their data feed and have trading accounts there but then sending an order to a Charles Schwab account?

Trading will be done, and where you get your data won't matter - in fact we have our own symbology specifically so you can mix datafeeds, brokers, etc.

The trading capabilities, once implemented, will be significantly better than QT's

Don't know about Schwab though

Ameritrade - I highly doubt they will do anything about your account anytime soon. As for the account working, as long as it is not a futures or Advanced Margin (Portfolio Margin I think its called) account, TDA API should work, so MT and QT should be able to use it. If not, then you can call them and have them change it. 

Ok so here's the problem:

I can log in to Ameritrade  on their web site and use there site but when  I put in my username and password in my newly downloaded and installed MT  the Site Login pops up again asking me to again fill in username and password.  Tried many times so so not fat fingers. Any ideas?

• 1 month later...