Medved Trader Forums

Sync cross hairs accross charts

erician

Question

I have a daily chart and a 5 minute chart running at the same time, is it possible to have the cross hairs syc accross both charts?

IE. when I am moving the cross hairs in the daily chart and it is hovering over $100,  the cross haairs will also be moving on the 5 minute chart over $100?

6 answers to this question

Hey Jerry

Its not happening,  Imy daily and 5 min intraday are linked, yet when I have the crosshairs over fridays daily candle, I am only seeing the cross hairs on the daily chart, not on the intraday chart as well.

Am I missing something or am I asking it the wrong way?

So I linked the crosshairs like you showed above.  So what happens now is when I move the cross hairs on my daily up and down to different prices, the cross hair on the intraday is static, it is not moving it juist kind of shows up and stays at the same price.  

Id like it to move smoothly on both  

you can't have it moving smoothly. The historical chart data has 1 day granularity where as the intraday charts are 1 min. So when you move the mouse on the historical chart, it is moving from one day to the next. It won't move on the intraday chart until you get to the next candle. If you go over a date that is not on the intraday chart, the cursor can't move.

That is too bad, bc on TOS it does run smoothly.  If my corss hairs are on the daily chart and I hover over, lets say the mid point of the daily candle, then it will also be on the intraday 5 min at the same price point.  if I nudge higher on the daily, it follows that price on the intraday. Its a really nice feature