Medved Trader Forums

How does it compare to DAS Trader Pro?

martialkasir

If there are any DAS Trader Pro users here, I would love to know how this would compare to it if I were to use Level 2 Data feeds from IB.

1. Apparently IB provides only 100 lines when you subscribe to their Level 2s, would that be a problem during scanning?

2. What are the differences?

3. Anything that needs to be added to make it comparable to DAS Trader Pro?

Cheers!

I will let others comment on DAS. as for IB stuff, yes, their default is 100 lines, though you can buy higher packages. Their Level II is crap. They limit what Level II data can be retrieved via API compared to others. Ally Invest for MBT has TotalView. that is currently the best available Level II data.  L II is also available from others such as TD Ameritrade, IQFeed, Stockwatch

13 hours ago, Jerry Medved said:

I will let others comment on DAS. as for IB stuff, yes, their default is 100 lines, though you can buy higher packages. Their Level II is crap. They limit what Level II data can be retrieved via API compared to others. Ally Invest for MBT has TotalView. that is currently the best available Level II data.  L II is also available from others such as TD Ameritrade, IQFeed, Stockwatch

Thanks for the reply. Would you happen to know of the monthly costs for each of the services you mentioned if I were to only subscribe to the Level 2 Feeds of them for the US market (AMEX, NASDAQ, NYSE)?

IB  lvl 2 , used directly from their TWS platform is the more complete lvl 2 you can use because  you can subscribe to all exchanges (and the TWS will put/agregate all of them togheter)..

Das have Total view, but is only a fraction of "numbers" you can see using IB lvl 2. Their main problem (for IB) , as Jerry said, is if you want to use it trough their API, because MT will only read one of those exchanges subscribed (default is Island for MT).

Best combination  price/quality  will be  if/when  Quotemedia will connect their lvl 2 quotes With MT; price will be half of IQfeed.

Edited by merlin8121