Medved Trader Forums

Change My Account from my name/account to my wife's name/account.

Pat

I need help in changing my 401K MBTrading account from my account/name to my wife's personal account/name/email.  I tried going into Dashboard setting, to add her name but it defaults back to my account.  MBTrading said that it must be done via MEDVED, please help.

ok, are you referring to the account used for quotes, or trading?

for quotes, go to SETTINGS / DATA SOURCES / Configure Accounts. Click on Ally Invest (for MBT) and just change the login

For trading, you can configure which accounts are available on SETTINGS / TRADING / ACCOUNTS.  But note that if you have multiple accounts, you would select which one to use right on the Account View window. on the MAIN tab.  

I am referring to account for tradings.  I went to SETTINGS, TRADING, ACCOUNTS,  and ADD, put in my wife's account but it defaulted back to my account.  I am with Kipp Cohen's group and they tried wallking me through, I get this far with no success.  Please advise.

the settings screen lets you add and configure accounts. Also, lets you specify the default account. However, as far as which account is shown on open Account View window, you have to do what I told you above - you select it on the window itself, not in the settings. On the Account View window, on the MAIN tab, change which account is selected. 

on charts, you can change the account on the TRADING tab.

Also, when you are on settings, after you add your wife's account, if you don't want your account there, delete it. if it is linked to the same login, then disable it (you can right click and select Disable right in the list of accounts)

please email support@medvedtrader.com and include the URL to this post so I know what its about. AND indicate in the email what problem you have adding the account - you said you couldnt get that far. Why? what happens? and in the email, please indicate which email you used to login to MT so I can look it up