Medved Trader Forums

DOM P&L

IlyaM

Question

8 answers to this question

Yes I saw it, thank you! As I understand it, the formula displays the initial cost of the transaction plus profit and loss and rounds the value to an integer.

The first is of course I want to see the border between profit and loss. The separation of the color green and red, I think it will be enough.

And the Second is the display of net profit and loss. Without adding the initial value of the transaction. But there may be problems with the display if the profit or loss for example 1111 satosh and then it does not look decent. 0.00001111. The way to solve it seems to me that would display the profit and loss as a percentage with a minimum step of 0.01%

MT does show net P&L. Reason it looks to you like the base cost is included is because for crypto brokers/exchanges, we don't have the "Cost" on the position. Same goes for the separation. Because of that, it's not worth messing with it to do the Satosh display like we do for some stuff on charts.

Have an idea. MT is able to show the price change as a percentage of the lvl open. May be try to use the same algorithm for the price of opening a position for the P&L column.

Edited by IlyaM

P&L as a percentage can be useful, because the exchange takes Commission as a percentage. For example 0.2%. If P&L is in percentage, it is convenient to see the break-even Point. It's not even quite p&l. It's the price change from the entry point as a percentage

Edited by IlyaM