Medved Trader Forums

Two Questions On Daily Chart Updates

Wally2

I have a couple annoyances on my historical (daily) charts.

1.  I have some indicators and comparison indicators on both intraday and daily charts.  I don't know about the other indicators but my comparison indicators aren't updating on my daily charts only as data changes through out the day even though the current-day bar on the chart does update.  I have to click the backfill button to get them to update.  I cannot find a setting to make them auto-update as the data changes.  Am I just not finding the chart setting or am I required  to click the backfill button when I want to up date them?

2.  This is more of a 'why' question.  On my main chart which is a daily data chart there is a little rectangle with a yellow border that has what looks like an arrow or something in it.  I can drag this box around the chart and leave it anywhere out of the way but I cannot remove it.  Nor does it do anything if I click on it.  Is this supposed to be there for something or is there some way to remove it?

Thanks a lot for your help.  BTW, I love the Medved Trading software.

Wally Wagner

If the intraday charts have "Active Quote Subscription" set in settings, then they subscribe to the streamer for the symbol on the chart and for any compare symbols you have. But historical (daily) charts are always passive - that is, if there is data coming in for the symbol, they update, otherwise they do not. Place any "compare symbols" in the portfolio you're monitoring, and that data will update on the historical charts.

Your second question: not sure, could be several things - what happens if you right-click on that rectangle? Check in the View ribbon menu tab the Options button on the left - in the submenu you may have some option checked that shows on the chart.

Thanks but I was unable to solve either problem.  The securities and ETF's involved are all in my portfolio list but the "compare" updates still won't update automatically.  And, the little rectangle on my chart doesn't seem to be related to anything I turn on or off in the chart drop down menus.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Ok - the mysterious box on your screen - weird, but somehow you got the flag for "ShowCandleCountdown" set on your chart even though it is a historical chart (the candle countdowns should only show on intraday charts). The fix for this will be in next beta.

Will look at your other problem tomorrow during market hours.