Medved Trader Forums

SPLITS - How to split adjust data

Jerry Medved

Medved Trader caches the data that it gets throughout the day and for charts, so when a split occurs, you need to tell it to adjust. Here is how to do it

Click on the portfolio editor button on top top of the portfolio window or Edit Portfolios tile on the dashboard.

image.png

On the portfolio Editor, click on the symbol that split, then in the window that comes up specify the split ratio and check all the boxes. Specify the Split date, though should already be defaulted.

image.png

If you have more than one symbol that split, repeat the same thing for the other symbol.

I tried that with Avita Medical (ASX:AVH) which consolidated 20:1 on 30 June 2020. While the purchase price and quantity adjusted correctly, the historical chart does not change at all.  I have ticked all the Adjust all Portfolios, Adjust Intraday Data and Adjust Historical Data boxes.

• 1 year later...

Hi Jerry,

Question about this. Does this only apply to splits that occur AFTER data backfill began or does this apply to any new ticker we pull up? In other words, does the platform make the necessary split adjustments if we're pulling data for the first time, or must we make manual adjustments for every stock? I certainly hope the latter is not the case.

I just noticed a stock (NMTC split 4/1/21) which I've never pulled up before in MT and it wasn't split adjusted.

Thanks in advance.

it only applies to existing data. Split would not impact any new data.   NOTE: normally the datafeed should have the data split adjusted. The manual option is only for situations where they do not. Some are a bit late doing it.  NMTC - looks like you are using TD Ameritrade. Another option is to 1) turn off auto backfill when clearing , clear data, then do Backfill Using... and specify YAHOO