Medved Trader Forums

Different time frame charts and other questions

xianzai

Hi

I'm new to medved and am checking it out.  I currently use IB for trading with webull for charting,lvl 2 for day trading stocks.  I am in Canada so choices are limited. 

Daily to chart a stock i pull up the 1 min 1 day, 5 min 5 day, hourly with about 4 months of data, daily with about 4 years of data and the weekly with about 15 years of data.  The data time for the daily and weekly varies depending on the stock.

I tried to do the same thing in medved but the freq and period don't offer these settings, the period doesn't say hourly, daily, weekly.   I haven't connected medved to data yet so it is using yahoo finance, is this why it won't show the same information?  I see the custom setting but that might take awhile for quite a few charts to setup.

I want a very simple order entry system.  Currently I use IB's booktrader with an auto bracket order.  It is clunky to change the settings and doesn't not offer an easy BE click or hotkey.  Does medved offer this?  I also want to sell partial positions at times with the order system auto updating the current position.  Does medved do this?

Thanks

1. There are "historical charts" which would give you daily, weekly candles as far back as the stock goes. And there are "intraday" charts which give you data in 1 min, 5 min, 1 hour etc. candles.

2. The "intraday" charts can handle up to 120 days of data *but* the "backfill" for most sources doesn't give you that much data. Though the data is stored locally, so if you let's say backfill 20 days today, then 20 days 10 days from now, you will have 30 days full of data. etc.

3. The order entry - you can trade from order ticket, but also from charts or DOM by visually dropping the orders on the chart and moving them to modify them.

4. We also are about to release the hotkey and saved orders system that will allow you to place orders by using a fairly flexible pseudo-scripting system. So you could have a hotkey that says "place a bracket order at these offsets from current price for half the current position". We will be releasing it soon but if you email support@medvedtrader.com we can enable it for you to try.