Medved Trader Forums

MT Taskbar Minimized Components

robgrant

Hey Jerry,

Is this by design? Every time I open a component of MT (Chart, Dashboard, portfolio, etc) MT places another minimized placeholder on the taskbar. Seems kind of redundant, because if I mouseover any one of those, I see all of them within the placeholder. I'm not able to give you a clip of the opened placeholder, but you can try on your end.

fxrsz9.png

By default, MT only shows taskbar icons for portfolios and the dashboard.  You can change that on SETTINGS/Application/General screen.  You can check/uncheck "Separate Taskbar Icon for Portfolios" and "Separate Task Bar Icon For Child Windows".  Which ones do you have checked?

right but the grouping and how it groups is handled by windows, not MT, so there is no way for us to control what shows up when you mouse over.  I think windows is showing all the windows for the particular app.  But you should be able to single click on each icon and get that specific window up.

Sorry Jerry, I just discovered they changed something here in Windows 7. If you right-click on the taskbar, click properties, and change taskbar buttons to always combine, it fixes this problem. It seemed to me this used to be in VB on developer side, guess they moved to user end.