Medved Trader Forums

MT suddenly hogging a ton of RAM

ex_hacker202

My PC is running really slow the last couple days, delays in typing, for instance - I just checked my RAM usage, it's at 91% (!?!) and MT is consuming 6.7 GB of RAM all by itself - I've never seen this before. Using a Win10 desktop with 16 GB of RAM - is there any way to limit how much RAM MT is allowed to take, or is this indicative of a problem with my installation? I also have software that's supposed to clear RAM for a given app (cmd is "Flush process memory out"), which is supposed to send the data to the swapfile, but I did that yesterday and MT went right back to using 6.7 GB after a few seconds. Which makes me think of one thing that may be causing this - I recently created several new portfolios, and including some real time charts I have about 9-10 individual MT windows (or tabs) open - could that be the problem? I leave MT running full time on Mon-Fri, could it be a memory leak of some sort? MT is also using 18%-25% of my CPU, it varies pretty rapidly between those values - I mean it changes in less than a second if I sit there and watch.