Medved Trader Forums

RAW Data quit populating - TDA

Smythe

My RAW data has quit populating/streaming.  It was fine a few days ago, but when I went into the software this morning the RAW windows are blank.  I was using the beta and downgraded to the latest production, but the same results.  Is this an issue with my TDA account?

Thanks!

James

They weren't in a portfolio.  I had entered them directly into a trade ticket that was linked to the L2 and RAW.  The L2 worked properly.  

I just added the symbol to a portfolio and did the clear and the RAW started to populate.

Does this mean I have to add a symbol to a portfolio before I trade it (assuming I want to see the T&S)?

Thanks!

James

in the situation you indicated, you would get stale data. I suggest you link an intraday chart  as well, even if it is minimized. that would guarantee that it would get the quotes that are stored (and shared across windows).. Level II is display only and not stored/shared because L II frequently is different quote source than the rest and having data stored from 2 sources for the same symbol creates issues.