Medved Trader Forums

Getting delayed data with DxFeed and IQFeed

Benji

Hi, I need some help diagnosing issues with getting delayed data from dxFeed and IQ Feed. Yesterday, I started getting delayed data on my portfolio windows when using dxFeed so I switched to IQFeed for the rest of the day.

Today, I'm getting what appears to be delayed data on options with IQFeed. I'm signed up for R/T options and OPRA with IQFeed. If you compare my windows with IQFeed and IBKR, you can see I'm getting a completely different quote in my DOM window. I have the IQFeed Option Chain application up and running, and it is displaying the correct data that matches IBKR. My SPY option chain window in Medved is also streaming IQFeed data and the quotes all look delayed.

Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing? Please help, thanks!

iqfeed delayed.JPG

Edited by Benji

Just did that, and now it does appear to be showing the correct data. The odd thing is, yesterday half my symbols in my portfolio showed the D in DxFeed. Today, I alternated between DxFeed and IQfeed in my portfolio window. No 'D' found, but the data was definitely behind IBKR and TDAmeritrade by about 15 minutes. The option chain window for IQFeed showed the time as being 15 minutes behind as well.

But I do have the correct subscription with IQ Feed, and I'm currently seeing the live option chain data in IQfeed now that I created a new portfolio window.

I have an off the wall theory here - that somehow my previous permissions are being cached within Medved Trader.

I just started testing DxFeed and IQFeed recently. I initially signed up for just Level II Nasdaq with DxFeed. Afterward, I signed up for the conslidated UTP feed. When things were glitching yesterday, it was the non-Nasdaq securities that were marked "D" delayed.

With IQFeed, I initially signed up for Nasdaq only. And yesterday I added NYSE and option data. It seems like new portfolio windows are taking my updated stream permissions, as opposed to my old windows. Is this possible?

Edited by Benji

But closing my portfolio windows and creating a new one just fixed the issue. And now the timestamp on the option chain window is showing the correct time, not 15 minutes delayed with IQFeed. Fixed the issue with both DxFeed and IQFeed. Just before I posted, I was alternating between DxFeed, IQFeed, IBKR, and Td Ameritrade in my portfolio window. When DxFeed or IQFeed were selected, my SPY chart was delayed. I know it sounds like it, but I'm not crazy.

So that appears to be the issue, reloading these windows or restarting Medved will get up to date data. But over time, the data is getting delayed. I'm using a small amount of CPU and network bandwidth, but it appears Medved isn't keeping up with the latest data.

Very interested as it's similar to what I was experiencing with DXfeed, though I was trying to get quotes for thousands of symbols. The timestamp with DX was the dead giveaway as it was lagging minutes behind IB/TDA, exactly as Benji described above. I've since massively cut back on the number of symbols I'm watching but would still be nice to load up portfolios with hundreds/thousands of symbols and run scans on them, seeing as how DXfeed has no symbol limitation.

Look forward to the performance updates... Thx!

Yes for sure, totally understand that loading the entire NASDAQ, though nice in theory, is just plain silly :) The challenge with small caps is you almost need every symbol as it could be any of them that day. Nonetheless I've managed with far fewer symbols, it's cleaner this way anyhow.

Thanks

dxFeed acting strange again, getting very delayed/incorrect data (volume, high/low, etc). The TD values pictured are correct. Worth noting that I currently have the dxFeed $29 Basic plan (for testing purposes) which doesn't provide L2 depth though the L1 data should be similar.  

Shouldn't be an issue with symbol count as my portfolio has less than 10 tickers.

Will send logs settings as well.

Screenshot 2022-02-18 064121.jpg

Screenshot 2022-02-18 071247.jpg

Screenshot 2022-02-18 071315.jpg