Medved Trader Forums

Footprint Charts

Davide92

Question

4 answers to this question

We have something that is somewhat similar - it is the "VBP candles" - that shows you the volume at each price point - on the left for the first half of the candle and on the right for the second half. That is what I have seen to be called called "Footprint Profile"

There are other kinds of "Footprints". Can you point to the one you're talking about?

Hi Mike thank you very much for your response.

The one I am referring to would be this one:

Click image for larger version  Name: LT673a.png Views: 4885 Size: 155.6 KB ID: 1152253

This one is taken from Ninja Trader. Basically every candlestick provides additional information, such as trade volume and order flow, in addition to price. It blends into the chart key information from the Order flow.

I see that it is also called Volumetric.

I don't know if this is something complex to make, but it would be nice to add it into MT in the future.

Thank you Mike :)

Edited by Davide92

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the reply.

1. The numbers on the left column of the table next to the candle represent the Market orders that occurred hitting the bid at that specific price level. While the numbers on the right column of the table next to the candle represent the Market orders that occurred hitting the ask. 

2. I don't know because I don't use Ninja or any other Footprint Chart software.

3. Same as question 2.

I found here an article from Optimus Futures https://optimusfutures.com/tradeblog/archives/footprint-charts if it can help.

Thank you