Medved Trader Forums

TD Ameritrade login issue

Weird

My MT is unable to login to TDA today. I have tried using credentials from several different accounts.

I am able to log into TDA using IE.

Is anyone else having the same issue? My system has all required updates.

I submitted a log file to MT a little while ago.

MT needs to login using Webview2 and Edge browser - your log indicated some issue with that. Had a few other Win 7 users report similar. Don't suppose you can update to Win 10 or 11?

Also, normally MT does not need to hit the browser login if already logged in. So, try to restore to the last backup (MT makes a backup whenever it starts). To do that, just start MT, go to FILE / IMPORT… Select BACKUP folder, and then select the most recent backup before the problem started.

if still no go, update Webview2. Normally MT installs it and Windows updates it but seems something got messed up

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=2124703

Restart MT and let me know if it works.

Restoring a backup from a recent date fixed the issue. Thank you!

I also finally managed to clear a jam on Windows updates. I had to install KB4490628.

Yeah, I've tried upgrading from Win 7 Ent N to Win 10 Ent but system complains. Some sort of hardware or BIOS issue I guess. I would much rather be on 10. Crazy.