Medved Trader Forums

Question about market data choices etc

Nublet

if you have broker accounts we support, maybe indicate which, since that could impact the decision.

dxFeed is basically unlimited # of symbols, so that would easily handle the setup.  QuoteMedia starts with 120 but you have options for higher limits with higher fees.

TD Ameritrade if you have an account, can do 1500.  

120 concurrent Level I quotes - so if you have a portfolio and charts open with 120 unique symbols across all of them, it will work. 

As far as "all night long" that really depends on what you are watching. There are no quotes to update for stocks after 8 PM Eastern, until 4 AM 

Is there anyway to add the data for these two

S&P 500 also known as US500

and

DJI also known as US30

just want data for them that run 24 hours a day, it’s public and places offer the data for free; however, how would I go about to add it into the medved program?

I have no broker accounts with live data, or what is the cheapest way to add these into medved?

23 hours ago, Jerry Medved said:

Everyone I know calls it S&P 500 not US 500. Anyway, the symbols in those do NOT trade 24/7 on US markets nor do any datafeeds provide the data on them 24/7. Some symbols do 24/7, but not aware of any datafeeds that have that.

Ok, I know websites like tradingview.com has US500 and it has data for it 24 hours a day, Is there anyway I can get that data into Medved and use Medved's advance charts with it etc.
Just double checking, but I did notice you said you're not aware of any datafeeds that have that

Ok I have a new question, out of the data feeds available, which one gives the most (hours wise) pre market data?
For S&P500
DJI
And SPY

I also live in Canada so I may have more limited choices for data? not sure.

Edited by Nublet
clarification

Is there any way someone can created 24 hour charts for S&P 500 and DJI data to be put into Medved? (Those two run all night) It would help me a lot. I use 10 min time frame charts and the cut off from 8PM till 4AM makes them not work properly for the morning move.