Medved Trader Forums

News data source

Hans

I have subscribed to Benzinga Breaking News via API from IB, and enabled IB as my news data source in MT.

I can see news headlines in MTs Symbol News window with source "BZ" but cannot drill down into the messages. I guess the news source is providing a bit more than headlines - perhaps short articles. Is there a way to inspect what is being delivered by the source, and reveal more details in MT?

Hi Jerry

I am grateful for your prompt fix of the story loading, but really, the way the stories are displayed now are sub-standard and I am not happy with it. 

Why not enforcing your standard font and the colors matching the set user preferences. If MT can do this for the headlines, there must be a way for the associated stories. 

headlines are just text - we control the way it is displayed. Where the stories are displayed - that is an embedded browser window - we get HTML from the news source, IB in this case, and give it to the browser to display. We don't do anything with fonts, colors, etc. in fact there can be many on any given page just like any web page.

Hi Jerry,

I've installed the darkmode fix. It works OK with my IB datasource.  
I do hope the font can be fixed at some point, but it's certainly workable now. Thank you.

Another observation - when selecting a headline, the row gets highlighted but it needs a double-click to update the story. I can select other headlines whilst the previous story remains displayed. Can this behavior be changed so that the story updates to whatever headline is selected and highlighted? this is to avoid confusion with unrelated headlines/stories.

Regards,