Medved Trader Forums

Trying to get TDA out of my data source

Crumbster

I'm part of this weekends migration. I have Webull for my  data source until Chuck Schwab gets his stuff together.  How do I get MT to stop asking for my TD sign in? I changed both my Back fills to Webull. I deleted TDA from my trading accounts. I delete all the sign in info from the Data source window and moved TD to the bottom of the list. When I restart or shift f5 the sign in to TD screen shows up.  How do I get MT to ignore TDA?  What am I missing?

1) check if you have TD Ameritrade selected for news on SETTINGS / DATA SOURCES / NEWS

2) Make sure you do not have TD Ameritrade selected as a source on:
 * top of the portfolio window
 * Top of the Level II window
 * Index quote source (Portfolio window showing the index panel - INDEXES tab on the toolbar.

My MT shows I'm hooked up to Fidelity but pop-up boxes keep coming up saying my account moved to Schwab from TD. Fidelity doesn't exist in my drop-down box for Level II. Daily charts for let's say SPY don't show any volume or price movement, even though the main dashboard shows let's say 249k shares traded. The index tab shows Fidelity. Bid Ask blink and show changes on the dash board but no movement shows up on my daily chart. 

1 hour ago, crg27 said:

My MT shows I'm hooked up to Fidelity but pop-up boxes keep coming up saying my account moved to Schwab from TD. Fidelity doesn't exist in my drop-down box for Level II. Daily charts for let's say SPY don't show any volume or price movement, even though the main dashboard shows let's say 249k shares traded. The index tab shows Fidelity. Bid Ask blink and show changes on the dash board but no movement shows up on my daily chart. 

My daily historical chart works, shows volume, etc but intra-day charts show nothing. No volume, indicators haven't moved, Fidelity is not offered as an option for Level II when I left-click on the intraday chart either. 

6 minutes ago, Jerry Medved said:

Fidelity datafeed does not support Level II

as for intraday - are quotes working? Do you have a portfolio open and getting quotes from Fidelity and is it updating OK?

Do you have backfill set to either Fidelity or SmartSource?

Intraday charts have no incoming data. Set on Fidelity for backfill. Tried SmartSource and nothing. Portfolio open. The Chart column is blank in the header.  All my other columns are working Historical Daily Chart has data and works. No Depth Chart, DOM or Level II

I signed up to Webull and even paid the $2.99 for their Level 2 Datafeed. I made sure to make all the sources on MT come from Webull. But I am not getting any backfills on Intraday or Historical Charts. I am also not getting real time quotes on my watchlists. The LAST price is updating just not the bid and ask. But LEVEL 2 is working fine. Please help. I been trying everything. I am so confused. I just miss the old MT with TD as my provider. FML

As far as TDA- why didn't you just take the easy road and open a new TD Ameritrade account. Would get a far better datafeed and far easier:
https://start.tdameritrade.com/select?entity=103

bid/ask - that is unfortunately Webull. I have no idea why for some accounts it gets bid/ask but not for others.  Backfill should work. If it is not, send us the log file please:

Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

And add this Post’s URL in the comment.