Medved Trader Forums

Utilize & Set Parameters for a Chart Drawing Within Paintbar?

Jason

In a paintbar I'm creating I would like to draw a Risk/Reward tool on the chart the way I would if manually selecting Draw - Risk/Reward from the ribbon at the top of a chart. I wanted to know if there was any way to do this and set the values for the tool like the entry, target, stop etc. This would be very valuable as an indicator AND could also be used to act as a record of a trade taken based upon the setup as drawn. A part of the analysis of my results involves recording an image of a chart with the setup taken. Among other things, this allows me to see what the intended plan was vs. how the trade played out. The paintbar could also use this as an indicator highlighting trade setups according to the criteria/rules of my method.

I have tried sort of replicating the drawing of the tool with SetLine and related functions but the results were extremely ugly and kludgy. Of course, I can't properly emulate the bubble display of the entry, target and stop values and how they scale as displayed when drawing the tool manually outside of the paintbar. It would be infinitely easier if I could some how just access the drawing tool parameters functionally, in code.

Is there some way we could be provided with the C# code for the Risk/Reward tool used internally within MT that we could then use in our paintbar?