Medved Trader Forums

Dom StopLimit to buy $amount worth of shares

Ferdi

Hello Medved Trader,

I have some questions and a request.

1. How can I create a "STPLMT $amount worth of shares" button that exactly works like the default DOM STPLMT button. I just press the default STPLMT button, hover over the DOM and I can then immediately place my Stop price and Limit price in 2 mouseclicks. Its so fast!
  2. Is it possible to use stoplimit price instead of the bid and ask? Like floor(5000/stopprice)?
  3. My request is a quantity input box like in the Level II. Thats the only thing that is missing on the DOM. For ordertypes there are ordertype buttons and also mouseclick shortcuts. For the price there is the dom price ladder ofcourse. There is a qty input box in the Trading tab, but I like to hide my tabs. It takes alot of space...

Thanks,
Ferdi

you can define hotkeys (and thus buttons) that will trigger based on where the mouse is, and then compute the QTY.

Not sure about #w - use stop limit price instead of bid/ask? confused.

Almost any item in the toolbar can be added to the Quick Access Toolbar (on the caption) that remains there even when the toolbar is hidden. Right click on the quantity field (might need to do it on the arrows on the right side) and select to Add to Quick Access Toolbar

7 hours ago, Jerry Medved said:

Almost any item in the toolbar can be added to the Quick Access Toolbar (on the caption) that remains there even when the toolbar is hidden. Right click on the quantity field (might need to do it on the arrows on the right side) and select to Add to Quick Access Toolbar

Excellent, that one solved!

For the hotbutton, I have set it to Drop=true, Send=false. But I want it to transmit immidiately. But if I set it to Drop=false, Send=True it doesnt ask for my limit price offset. It just transmits right away with the same price as the stop price. How can I configure this.

Also how can I configure it so that I dont use a key on my keyboard but use a mouseclick. After I click on the hotbutton I want to select the price on the DOM. I get an error saying; Error in tag; “LimitPrice”: PriceAtmouse is invalid - mouse is not over the window. The button needs to stay active I think..

Thanks, Ferdi

IMG_2760.png

No you didnt understand me.

If I turn on auto transmit or send=true, it doesnt ask my limit price since the stop price and limit are both on PriceAtMouse. It fills in the same price for both and then transmits. I want it to let me adjust my limit price and then transmit. See picture 1st click STOP price 2nd click LIMIT price on the default order type. I want to make an exact same hotbutton/hotkey myself.

How can I do this..

Screenshot 2023-12-16 002136.png

Ok. I will use continue using drop=true, send=false then. 

However I have an issue with my custom hotkeys on the DOM. Whenever I place a custom hotkey, for example a Buy Stop Limit $2500(CTRL+SPACE) at any price that is far from the last traded price, before I can adjust my Limit offset it is automatically re-centering. I then have to to click on the arrow to go back to my order to adjust it and transmit it. Can you fix this so that it doesn't re-center before I transmit the order and stays on the order?

Thanks,
Ferdi

have not.  if it does not go through, try sending manually:

go to FILE / Export/Backup menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)
Select “To share with others” export file protection option on top right
Leave the checkboxes already checked, and also check LOG FILE box.

Export (note the location of the file – it is shown in center of the right side of that screen)

email it to support