Medved Trader Forums

Trading using MT through Questrade API

Trader607

Hello,

I am thinking about getting an annual MT subscription, IQFeed data feed through Questrade API in order to trade from the chart: mostly SPY ETF, SPX Options, Stock Options.

1. How is order execution during normal and heavy volume hours? Fast? Reliable? Any slippage? Are fill fair? Any unreasonable slow fill?

2. Is there anything I should be aware of about this setup, apart from the fact that I won't get Level 2 from Questrade but will from IQ Feed?

3. If I get this right, I need to use a token in order to add MT into Questrade API. Once that token is activated, all I have to do is provide Questrade login into MT account menu?

4. Will the order be on server side? I guess it will be on Questrade side.

5. Will I be able to send order from charts, dom, order entry, etc.

6. I was wondering if I could get a full trial. I did had one in the pass but never really went through for timing reason's. Now, as a Canadian, it could be a great solution if API is reliable & execution fast.

Regards

Edited by Trader607

#1 - order execution, etc - I will leave it for others that actually trade with it.

#2 - FYI - dxFeed has the best Level II. If you use a subscription source, you will want to make the change in one more place specific to trading - SETTINGS / TRADING / ACCOUNTS - click on top level Questrade login line then on the right side, set Alternate Quote Source to whichever source you subscribed to. That way trading windows such as trade ticket and account view will use the subscription source for the data.

#3 - NO, you do NOT mess with tokens etc.  Just go to SETTINGS / TRADING / ACCOUNTS, click on the ADD button on top left and select Questrade.  Then, click on the green button to validate and get accounts. MT will bring up a window with a Questrade login page where you login. You do not enter the login info into MT directly.

#4 - Yes, definitely.  MT just sends the orders to Questrade. They manage the orders and provide status updates wthat MT just shows to you. If you send and order and close MT entirely, the order will still be processed same as if MT was running.

#5 - Yes, all that will work with Questrade.

#6 - trial - email us and include your email address on the MT account and refer back to this post.