Medved Trader Forums

Option to show separate positions on Chart if entries on a different day

3acor

Question

Hey,

Can there be an option added to show separate positions on the chart if I add to my position on a different day?

For example:
Bought 1 shares at 10$ on Jun.21
Bought 1 shares at 20$ on Jun.22
Instead of showing one position of 2 shares at 15$. It shows both positions as separate. Same days additions are just aggregated.

Thanks!

14 answers to this question

we don't have separate position data to show.  Now if there is a multi-day option on the ACCOUNT VIEW/TRANSACTIONS, and lets say you set it to show last 10 days, MT will have 10 days worth of transactions. Then on the charts you can set it to show fills and it will show them for all 10 days.

on the trading tab for the chart (and same thing for other trading windows) note the LINKED button on the right of the account dropdown list.  If it says linked, then when you change the account, all other open windows with that account that are also linked, will be changed as well.  If you do not want this window to be changed with the others, then click on that LINKED button and it will say "UNLINKED".  Now when you change accounts, it will not impact the others.

• Thanks 1

If I have 6 charts grouped together, and I "UNLINK" one chart(near the drop down menu) and change the account on that chart, the account will only change for that chart and not for the 6 charts grouped together.

I was wondering if it was possible that if I have a group of charts, to change the account for that group of charts only altogether at once.

I am assuming you have more trading windows than just those 6 charts. 

• Unlink all 6.
  • Manually change each of them to the other account (same one). 
  • re-enable the account linking.  

Now those 6 charts will switch together.  Just one thing to keep in mind - do NOT switch to an account selected in one of the other windows if those windows are also linked. Doing so will now make those windows part of the group that gets changed.

• Thanks 1