Medved Trader Forums

Keep getting a Schwab consent agreement from MT

This is happening about every two weeks - MT will put up a massive window on my Win10 monitor that takes up almost the entire screen - it's actually taller than the monitor, I have to scroll down to get to the bottom of the window (it also uses a very big font, like 14, part of why it scrolls off the screen) - you have to request them send you a verification number to enter in MT to sign a "I allow 3rd party access to my Schwab account" agreement (see attached image). This just happened again today and while this is going on MT keeps grabbing focus of the monitor, making it extremely difficult to get to my email client and get the verification number needed for the agreement - I tried dragging the Schwab window to the far right of my monitor to read the verification email but it kept returning to the middle of the screen, and I could not resize it either - my PC is pretty much unable to do anything until I sign that agreement. I figured out how to briefly move the MT Schwab window to the side and quickly grabbed the verification number from the email but it took multiple attempts before I could do it  After I finished the process Schwab sent me an email that said

"During a recent login from a(n) Windows, you selected the option to "Trust this device for future use." From now on, we'll skip asking for a security code when you log in from that device."

But they're not honoring that statement (or MT isn't) - I've had to go through this multiple times since moving from TDA to Schwab and it keeps happening. The only possible thing that could have changed is my IP, which gets reassigned at some interval by Comcast.

So there are two problems, with one I believe is directly related to MT:

1. The size of that Schwab window within MT and that it keeps stealing focus is a major problem - can that window be made smaller, or is it a function of my monitor and graphics drivers? And can it be stopped from constantly stealing focus?

2. The verification/agreement with Schwab doesn't "stick" - I keep having to repeat the process and it is frankly driving me a bit nuts since I cannot use my PC for anything else due to the stealing focus issue until I sign that agreement and the window automatically closes. Is this a problem on Schwab's side, MT's side, or an issue with obtaining a new IP that Schwab won't recognize as being my device?

As long as I'm on the topic of MT and focus, MT has some weird behavior at times - when I click on the MT tab in my taskbar sometimes it will only show the last portfolio window I was looking at, but other times it brings all MT windows to the front. The reverse also happens sometimes - when I click on another item in the taskbar a few MT windows will stay on the screen, so I have to right click on the MT tab and choose "minimize all windows" to hide them - these issues appear to occur randomly, and I can't rule out that Win10 or my graphics card/monitor settings are causing the problem - that's getting a tad beyond my knowledge of how Win10 works.

Schwab nag screen.jpg

the login prompt occurs about every 7 days.  in latest beta we try to handle to prompt automatically, BUT if it requires the security code, then it has to be shown. 

We have no control over when the 2FA request is required. 

As far as font size on the web page, no idea why it is showing large - we are not setting the font size one way or another. we just show an embedded browser window.

The other stuff with windows - tied to MT window management. you probably have lots of windows. When MT is busy, I have seen it get messed up a little. If you do not want MT to manage the windows, you can turn that off, but then basically every window is on its own - no easy way to bring all MT windows to the front.