Medved Trader Forums

HotKeys according to account

3acor

Can a hotkey be configured to be executed on the chart according to the account linked on the chart?
So for example,
if account ABC is selected on the chart, the hotkey will for examplebuy 100 shares
If account XYZ is selected on the chart, the hotkey will for example sell 50 shares

Would it not be possible to have the same hotkey shortcut(i.e. SHIFT + X) for two accounts and that hotkey would execute differently according to the account being selected in the chart?

So for example if I have account ABC selected on the chart and I press SHIFT +X, the hotkey would buy me 100 shares
However if I have account XYZ selected on the chart and I press SHIFT +X, the hotkey would sell me 50 shares

1 hour ago, 3acor said:

Would it not be possible to have the same hotkey shortcut(i.e. SHIFT + X) for two accounts and that hotkey would execute differently according to the account being selected in the chart?

So for example if I have account ABC selected on the chart and I press SHIFT +X, the hotkey would buy me 100 shares
However if I have account XYZ selected on the chart and I press SHIFT +X, the hotkey would sell me 50 shares

ok, let me update that. You can, but in a single Hotkey definition.  You can have two ORDER sections in the hotkey and Specify ActiveSession to be: Account == "1111111" for the first account and Account == "22222" for the second account, with corresponding account #s of course.  That way each ORDER section can be dedicated to specific account without having to do expressions in every field you want to customize

No, you created 2 extra sections that do nothing and where you put in the ActivSection=true. Get rid of that.  You need to do what I told you with ActiveSection entry in each ORDER action.  click on the + icon next to each ORDER entry to show all available fields. Then instead of TRUE for each one, put in the expression I gave you.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Jerry Medved said:

do not have an RTH flag in hotkeys at this time. However a LIMIT order with the price well above the ASK (for BUY) would be basically same as a market, so why not just use a limit order?

I do use that but sometimes it might not trigger if the price is moving fast and/or the limit price it too far from market price the exchange will reject it

13 minutes ago, Jerry Medved said:

actually, you can do expression for the action and reference the Boolean value RegSession and send limit or market depending on true or false

How can I do that for this hotkey?

image.thumb.png.c89556a64e0938372c3ab23997f75621.png