Medved Trader Forums

TD Ameritrade - Opening Multiple sessions in the API

erez dan

Hi Jerry,

I wonder if you can help me with that,

I have my own trading system which i want to connect it to the TD Ameritrade for trading multiple accounts at the same time,
My Problem is the connections to multiple sessions through the API, do you know if it is possible or there is some limitations..

I use the tdaactx.dll for .NET development,
when i connect to the second account i get the same session id of the first account, also i do the second connection after the success of the first connection,

Any Ideas on that?

Thanks in advance, Erez

It has been a while since I touched the TDA Active X control. We don't use it for MT - we connect directly. 

If the multiple accounts are linked, you can login once and all the accounts should be accessible with the single login. If they are not linked, I don't remember what would need to be done. 

unfortunately, Ameritrade seems to be doing everything possible to avoid providing such info. Everything about the API is on their forums, and there is nobody from the company there to update or answer questions. And if you read the recent API user agreement they posted that needs to be agreed to in order to access the forums, you can see that they are doubling down on that policy