Medved Trader Forums

Trade Ticket: T-Stop

gidielle

I am sorry, I am very confused by what you are saying.  Please clarify:

1) I see MT show 2 orders under the position. A BUY LIMIT and a BUY STOP.  Were these orders entered via MT or did you enter them in TWS?

2) Where does a trailing stop come into play here? I see it entered on the trade ticket but the entered orders are not T-STOPs....

Right now MT does T-STOP as an Amount, not %.  So if the current price is 50 and you enter a T-STOP of 0.50, and the price drops to 49.50, it will trigger.  Will need to check on making T-STOP % option.  Also have to check on the order description under position, because right now it didn't show the T-STOP parameter correctly

I am sorry, I am very confused by what you are saying.  Please clarify:

1) I see MT show 2 orders under the position. A BUY LIMIT and a BUY STOP.  Were these orders entered via MT or did you enter them in TWS?

2) Where does a trailing stop come into play here? I see it entered on the trade ticket but the entered orders are not T-STOPs....

MT -> Trade Ticket -> T-Stop -> Stop Param.=0,10

Right now MT does T-STOP as an Amount, not %.  So if the current price is 50 and you enter a T-STOP of 0.50, and the price drops to 49.50, it will trigger.  Will need to check on making T-STOP % option.  Also have to check on the order description under position, because right now it didn't show the T-STOP parameter correctly

ok

the first image is definitely not a MARKET order being placed via MT.  That looks like an open Bracket order (conditional order).  Please do this next time you have NO open orders (or when market is closed so you don't have to play with real orders)

1) close and restart MT

2) on the dashboard, set Logging Level to 200 (under the SETTINGS button)

3) open a 2nd Account View screen and set that to transactions, so you see both transactions and positions

4) place the order in MT that results in the 2 orders

5) Take a screen shot that has the Trade Ticket, Positions, and Transactions 

Email me the screen shots along with the log (FILE/Export Settings... check the LOG FILE checkbox)

Thanks

Jerry