Medved Trader Forums

Couple of columns stopped displaying

Beginning this morning (7/16/2015) my portfolio windows stopped displaying the values for both Market Cap and Shares Outstanding (I get my data from IQFeed.)  It just shows a hyphen in the column instead.  There haven't been any updates from either MT or IQFeed since this issue began. (Just out of the blue today.)  

I assumed it was an issue on the IQFeed side, so I chatted with them but they can see the data for both fields.  They even brought up QuoteTracker and was able to see the Market Cap field values there.

I restarted MT a couple of times, but no difference.  

The only thing that has changed is Microsoft pushed out about 26 updates yesterday.....hope its not due to that.

I went ahead and emailed my settings and log file in case you need to take a look at them.

Thanks,

Tim

• 2 months later...

Hi Jerry, I have something similar with the "mkt cap" column. This column gives no value ( 0.00 ) in MT. But when I select the portfolio ( CTRL-A ) and copy ( CTRL-C ) this into Excell, I get the values for the mkt cap column in Excell (but not in MT). I get my data delayed from Yahoo Finance.

MT does not normally show 0 for Market Cap. It would show a dash.  So there must be an error occurring somewhere tied to your specific settings. I need to get the log file and settings files to see what the problem is. Please do the following:

go to FILE / Export Settings. 

Leave the checkboxes already checked, and also check LOG FILE.

Export, then email me the exported file please.