Sign in to follow this  
MTG

Swing volume

Question

5 answers to this question

Look at MT's "Zig Zag" indicator. Make sure the Zig Zag lines are turned on. Are those the same lines as in Weis' indicator?

If so, I could make an indicator that would accumulate the volume for each zig zag line like in the indicator to which you linked.

Weis uses close for the zigzag, and I notice that's possible with MT.  So yes is the answer.  Thanks Mike.

I think the sensitivity will need to be a lot finer for the % change.  Like say 0.00001 up/down arrow increments.

Edited by MTG

I think Weis is using ATR, not percentages or points, for the ZigZag.

I will add the ATR parameter to our ZigZag, then do your ZigZag Volume thing. As an aside - $500 for an indicator? Really? I'd be rolling in $.

29 minutes ago, Mike Medved said:

I think Weis is using ATR, not percentages or points, for the ZigZag.

I will add the ATR parameter to our ZigZag, then do your ZigZag Volume thing. As an aside - $500 for an indicator? Really? I'd be rolling in $.

Sorry, yes he does use ATR to prevent future leak bias. 

It's based on Wyckoff method, and that name holds a lot of sway in trading as you know.  The coding for it would be very basic.  $500 is totally ridiculous, I agree. 

Edited by MTG

Are you referring to this indicator? It would be fantastic to have this on MT, and yes cost about 500 usd . Weis Wave Volume. The code is from the pine editor of trading view, if is possible to  convert.

Veis Wave Volume.png